Now, all machine builder recognizes the need to remotely access its machines in order to reduce maintenance costs and optimize customers machine uptime.
Our solution is free, and uses almost common hardware for its realization. It’s simple and easy to use…
- On the Ace PLCs side, generally the end-user, we will use a 3G/4G connection.
- On PC remote maintenance side (vBuilder), generally the machine builder, we will use the office internet connection.
|Before to start this tutorial, you must know that it’s possible to upload a program without disclosure the code. For that, with vBuilder you may “Program to File”, so the user doesn’t see the actual code. You can send it by eMail. They would use the “Program from File” function to program the device. This also takes care of starting the program, so it’s very easy for the end user.||
However, if you want to troubleshoot, debug and program Ace PLCs remotely and in live, follow this tutorial:
whatever the model
USB to Mini USB cable
- On your Smartphone, install the VirtualHere USB Server application available on Google Play for Android or an APK file directly from
- Start the program. In the menu, select “Reverse Clients”. Add a new Reverse Client and Enter client hostname or IP address. This IP address is the Public IP addess of your Internet access on the remote maintenance PC side. Generally, the end customer must ask this IP address to the machine builder. Let the port number by defaut (7573). So you must have something like 123.456.789.012:7573 where 123.456.789.012 is your IP address.
- All done ! That all. We just have to wait the connection of the PC remote maintenance side!
- On the PC where vBuilder is installed, close vBuilder and download:
- Start the program VirtualHere USB Client. Right click USB Hubs->Specify Hubs…-> Advanced Tab and check “Enable Reverse Connections”
- All done again! That all! We just have to wait the connection from the Ace PLCs side :
- Here, we are connected to the USB port of the Android Smartphone
- Wait a little longer or double-click on the “Virtual COM Port” to connect the virtual local USB port (which you have just created) to the virtual USB serial COM port (Driver that provides a virtual COM1/COM2/COM3/… on this virtual USB port)
- Then launch vBuilder and you can work as you were directly connected to your Ace PLC!
- Now, you can troubleshoot, debug and program Ace PLCs remotely and almost live
- You can switch to other applications on your smartphone, it will always work
Make sure the smartphone stays awake (on) or you will disconnect the connection (or stay on the application)