Remote maintenance for your Ace PLC and Command-HMI
via Android SmartPhone in 4G or WIFI
Now, all machine builder recognizes the need to remotely access its machines in order to reduce maintenance costs and optimize customers machine uptime. Our solutions are free and uses almost common hardware for its realization. It’s simple, reliable and easy to use…
WIFI/4G remote access using an Android Smartphone. It’s almost free, just need some hardware device for connected Android Smartphone to the Ace PLC or CommandHMI
On the PC remote maintenance side : Service Engineer / Machine Builder
- On the PC you want to use for remote maintenance, close vBuilder and download :
- Start the program VirtualHere USB Client. Right click USB Hubs->Specify Hubs…-> Advanced Tab and check “Enable Reverse Connections”
- In your ADSL router, the one you use for your internet access at the office, forward the port 7573 from Internet to your PC. In some case you must restart your router.
- Note your Public addresse IP (see https://www.whatismyip.com), you will need it for the Ace PLCs / CommandHMIs side.
- All done! That all! We just have to wait the connection from the Ace PLC or CommandHMIs side
Here, we are connected to the USB port of the Android Smartphone, but not to the Ace PLC or CommandHMI.
Double-click on the “Virtual COM Port” to be connected to the Ace PLC or CommandHMI
Or you can select Auto-Use All Devices for be connected automatically on each USB port.
- Then launch vBuilder and you can work as you were directly connected to your Ace PLC!
- Now, you can troubleshoot, debug and program Ace PLCs remotely and almost live
- You can switch to other applications on your smartphone, it will always work
On the Ace PLCs and CommandHMIs side : Remote customer
or USB-C OTG Adapter
|+ USB to Mini USB cable
for the Ace PLC
or USB to USB A cable
for the CommandHMI
|+ Your Incredible Ace PLC|
|and/or your Affordable CommandHMI|
- On your Smartphone, install the VirtualHere USB Server application available on Google Play for Android
- Start the program
- In the menu, select “Reverse Clients”. Add a new Reverse Client and Enter “client hostname”or IP address
- This IP address is the Public IP addess of the Internet access (ADSL) on the remote maintenance PC side
- Generally, you must ask this IP address to the machine builder
- Let the port number by defaut (7573). So you must have something like XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:7573 where XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX is the Internet ADSL IP address
- All done ! That’s all. We just have to wait the connection of the engineer service / machine builder. (Remote maintenance PC side)!